Early American turf stock 1730-1830 : being a critical study of the extant evidence for the English, Spanish and oriental horses and mares to which are traced the oldest American turf pedigrees : volume one mares[-volume two horses].
- [Richmond, Virginia] : Privately printed The Old Dominion Press Richmond, Virginia, 1934-
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (417,  p. (last is blank); 613,  p. (last is blank),  leaves of plates) : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 998Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 414, 426
BEIN 2004 751: "Addenda to volume one" housed separately and marked as "2004 751 1 suppl."
BAC: British Art Center copy: 2 volumes. Coarse linen-texture red cloth; white paper label with black lettering on spine. Volume I: Mares. 1934. Title-page with 1 halftone-photoengraving. Volume II: Horses. 1935. Frontispiece, title-page, 28 plates of halftone-photoengravings, 1 line-photoengraving in text and 1 line-photoengraving on title-page. Plate inside front cover: "with Mr. Fairfax Harrison's compliments." Spine height: 9 1/4 inches.
Preface signed F.H. [i.e., Fairfax Harrison]
"Addenda to volume one": 8 p. insert. Additional plate (included in plate count) with 1 leaf accompanying placement instructions.
Includes bibliographical references (v. 1, p.-19) and indexes.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse breeds.Horses -- Breeding -- United States.Horses -- Pedigrees.Thoroughbred horse.
YCBA Collections Search
Harrison, Fairfax, 1869-1938, Early American turf stock 1730-1830 , 1934-
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.