IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mackay-Smith, Alexander, The race horses of America, 1832-1872 , 1981
The race horses of America, 1832-1872 : portraits and other paintings by Edward Troye / Alexander Mackay-Smith.
- Saratoga Springs, N.Y. : National Museum of Racing, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 458 p. : ill. (some col.), facsims., ports. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1394Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Bibliography: p. 444-448.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Green cloth; gold lettering on front cover and spine. Color frontispiece, color illustrations, illustrations. Prospectus loose in back along with copy of typed book review by Stella Walker, and copy of letter from Jack W. Berry to the author, dated Nov. 5, 1981. Inscribed by the author to Paul Mellon. Number 2 of 1500 copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Race horses in art.Troye, Edward, 1808-1874.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.