Comforts of Bath.
- [London] : Pubd. Januy. 6th 1798 by S.W. Fores, No. 50 Piccadilly, corner of Sackville Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 12 prints : aquatint ; 19 x 24 cm, mounted to leaves in an album 27 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 43Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Designed to illustrated Antsey's New Bath guide."--Abbey.
Aquatint engravings by Thomas Rowlandson.
Title and imprint from plates.
"A reprint in excellent facsimile was published about 1860; apart from the difference in the texture of the paper they can be recognized by the absence of the Fores imprint. Never issued with text."--Cf. Abbey.
Rowlandson's original drawings for this series are now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Prints and Drawings).
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 408
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 40
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled red morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Anstey, Christopher, 1724-1805. New Bath guide. -- Illustrations.Bath (England) -- Social life and customs -- Early works to 1800.Fores, S. W. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.