Comforts of Bath.
- [London] : Pubd. Januy. 6th 1798 by S.W. Fores, No. 50 Piccadilly, corner of Sackville Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 12 prints : aquatint ; 19 x 24 cm, mounted to leaves in an album 27 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 43Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed to illustrated Antsey's New Bath guide."--Abbey.
Aquatint engravings by Thomas Rowlandson.
Title and imprint from plates.
"A reprint in excellent facsimile was published about 1860; apart from the difference in the texture of the paper they can be recognized by the absence of the Fores imprint. Never issued with text."--Cf. Abbey.
Rowlandson's original drawings for this series are now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Prints and Drawings).
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 40
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.) 408
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled red morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Anstey, Christopher, 1724-1805. New Bath guide. -- Illustrations.Bath (England) -- Social life and customs -- Early works to 1800.Fores, S. W. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.