Society of American Archivists, Describing archives , c2004
Describing archives : a content standard.
- Additional Title(s):
Also known as: DACS
- Chicago : Society of American Archivists, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 269 p. ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryZ695.2 S625 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supersedes: Archives, personal papers, and manuscripts : a cataloging manual for archival repositories, historical societies, and manuscript libraries / compiled by Steven L. Hensen. 2nd ed. Chicago : Society of American Archivists, 1989.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-212).
- Subject Terms:
- Archives.Cataloging -- standards.Cataloging of archival materials -- Standards.
- pt. 1. Describing archival materials. Levels of description
- Identity elements
- Content and structure elements
- Conditions of access and use elements
- Acquisition and appraisal elements
- Related materials elements
- Note elements --Description control elements
- pt. 2. Describing creators. Identifying creators
- Administrative/bibliographical history
- Authority records
- pt. 3. Forms of names. Forms of names for persons and families
- Form of geographic names
- Form of names for corporate bodies
- Appendix A. Glossary
- Appendix B. Companion standards
- Appendix C. Crosswalks
- Appendix D. Full EAD and MARC 21 examples.