Brandt nudes : a new perspective / with a commentary by Mark Haworth-Booth.
- London : Bill Brandt Archive, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 155,  p. : chiefly ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 13Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A Sears Pocknell book"--Colophon.
"... 1000 copies of which numbers 1-100 include a platinum print"
Issued in a case.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 168 of 1000. Has laid in two copies of the publisher's prospectus for the present work.
Includes bibliographical references.
This work differs from the "Perspective of nudes" 1961. The 1961 version contained 90 plates. This new Perspective has 160. The New perspective edition includes the photographs included in the "Nudes 1945-1980" book published by Gordon Fraser Gallery in 1980, but with better reproductions. The only Brandt nudes not included in this work are ones that Brandt himself chose not to print, or those in which the subject was too similiar to other more important images. Out of focus negatives have also not been included. The publisher believes this edition to be as complete a version of Brandt's nudes that will ever be published.
- Subject Terms:
- Bill Brandt Archive -- PublisherBrandt, Bill.Photography of the nude.Photography, Artistic.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.