Hockney, David, Hockney's pictures , ©2004
Hockney's pictures : the definitive retrospective / compiled and with commentary by David Hockney.
- 1st North American ed.
- New York : Bulfinch Press, ©2004.
- Physical Description:
- 368 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H64 A12 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- "The story of David Hockney, one of the most widely acclaimed of all living artists, is one of passion: passion for seeing, passion for telling, passion for images. But to these should be added the passion for life." "Hockney's Pictures is the first definitive "retrospective" to show the evolution and diversity of Hockney's prolific paintings, drawings, watercolors, prints, and photography, including new and published works. The pieces, presented thematically, are selected and organized by David Hockney himself, and track Hockney's lifelong experiments in ways of looking and depicting." "With 325 illustrations, accompanied by extensive quotes from the artist himself that illuminate the passionate thinking behind the work, Hockney's Pictures is destined to become a classic."--Jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- Hockney, David -- Themes, motives.Hockney, David.Themes, motives.
- Introduction: Loving the world with new eyes
- Problems of depiction
- Life stilled
- Space and light.