Thomas, Julia, 1971-, Pictorial Victorians , c2004
Pictorial Victorians : the inscription of values in word and image / Julia Thomas.
- Athens : Ohio University Press, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 203 p., 8 p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryNC978 .T48 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -197) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Illustration of books, Victorian -- Great Britain.National characteristics in art.
- War and peace: word and image in mid-Victorian culture
- Picturing slavery: Uncle Tom's cabin and its early illustrations
- Pictures, poems, politics: illustrating Tennyson
- Crinolineomania: Punch's female malady
- Nation and narration: the Englishness of Victorian narrative painting
- Tale of two stories: Joseph Noel Paton's in memoriam
- Telling tales: adultery and maternity in past and present.