Private views , c2004
Private views : artists working today / edited by Judith Palmer.
- London : Serpent's Tail, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- 207 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX180.S6 P745 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- What kind of person makes it as an artist today? How do artists cope with solitude, public exposure, self-doubt, or the pressures of the market? With personal stories and observations, artists explore the complexities of life in the world of the cultural industries. This fully illustrated book confounds many of the received myths about "the life of the artist." Covers painters, sculptors, writers, filmmakers and composers.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain -- Attitudes.Artists -- Great Britain -- Social conditions.Arts and society -- Great Britain.