Malvern, Sue, 1951-, Modern art, Britain and the Great War , 2004
Modern art, Britain and the Great War : witnessing, testimony, and remembrance / Sue Malvern.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 233 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28X23 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6768 .M26 2004 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and war.Art, British -- 20th century.Propaganda in art.World War, 1914-1918 -- Art and the war.
- Art, propaganda, and persuasion at Wellington House
- Realism, representation, and censorship
- Making history : the British War Memorials Committee
- Modern art, modern war, and the impossible project of history painting
- Post-War modernisms : William Roberts, David Bomberg, Wyndham Lewis, and C.R.W. Nevinson
- Redeeming the War : "Englishness" and remembrance.