Airy nothings, or, Scraps and naughts, and odd-cum-shorts : in a circumbendibus hop, step, and jump / by Olio Rigmaroll ; drawn and written by M.E. Esq. ; engraved by Geo. Hunt.
- Additional Title(s):
Scraps and naughts
- London : Published by Pyall and Hunt, 18, Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- , 73,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.E343 A37 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A comical tour through England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland.
Halkett & Laing identifies M.E. as M. Egerton.
A second edition was published by Thomas M'Lean the same year.
"Printed by J. Davy, Queen Street, Seven Dials."--T.p. verso.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 290
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.) 206
Halkett & Laing, v. I, p. 51
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy bound in original brown paper boards. Ms inscription on recto of first free end-paper: John Griffith, Jun., Tredegar.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Davy, J. -- Printer.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Poetry.Great Britain -- Travel and description -- Humor.Griffith, John, Jun. -- Autograph.Pyall and Hunt -- Publisher.Satire, English.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
Egerton, M., active 1824-1827, Airy nothings, or, Scraps and naughts, and odd-cum-shorts , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.