Hans Holbein the Younger : painter at the court of Henry VIII / essay by Stephanie Buck and Jochen Sander ; [translated from the German by Rachel Esner ; catalogue, foreword, and appendices translated from the Dutch by Beverley Jackson].
- Additional Title(s):
Hans Holbein the Younger, 1497/98-1543
- New York, N.Y. : Thames & Hudson, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 183 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 32 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H69 A12 2004 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published to accompany the exhibition at the Mauritshuis, The Hague, Aug. 16-Nov. 16, 2003.
Published simultaneously by the Mauritshuis in English (under title: Hans Holbein the Younger, 1497/98-1543 : portraitist of the Renaissance), in Dutch (under title: Hans Holbein de Jonge, 1497/98-1543 : portretschilder van de Renaissance), and in German (under title: Hans Holbein der Jüngere, 1497/98-1543 : Porträtist der Renaissance); also published in English by Thames and Hudson in London, 2003, and New York, 2004 (both under title: Hans Holbein the Younger : painter at the court of Henry VIII).
Includes bibliographical references (p. 177-183) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547 -- Friends and associates -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Holbein, Hans, 1497-1543 -- Exhibitions.Portrait painting, German -- 16th century -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Buck, Stephanie, Hans Holbein the Younger , 2004