Binski, Paul, Becket's crown , c2004
- Becket's crown : art and imagination in Gothic England, 1170-1300 / Paul Binski.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Art and imagination in Gothic England, 1170-1300
- New Haven, CT : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 343 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA5463 .B45 2004 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Contributor biographical information
Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 317-337) and index.
- Part one: Edification. Canterbury, the aesthetics of martyrdom. The ascetics. Mary's great churches, Lincoln and Salisbury -- Part two: Sanctification. Viriditas, Ely and St. Etheldreda. The clefts of the rock, Wells. Becket's crown -- Part three: regulation. Ornamenta. Pastoralia -- Part four: Expression. The tree of life. Sudden glory. Music and the angelic.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and religion.Architecture, Gothic -- England.Church architecture -- England.England -- Church history -- 1066-1485.Liturgy and architecture -- England.