IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Binski, Paul, Becket's crown , c2004
Becket's crown : art and imagination in Gothic England, 1170-1300 / Paul Binski.
- Additional Title(s):
Art and imagination in Gothic England, 1170-1300
- New Haven, CT : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 343 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA5463 .B45 2004 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- Contributor biographical information
Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 317-337) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and religion.Architecture, Gothic -- England.Church architecture -- England.England -- Church history -- 1066-1485.Liturgy and architecture -- England.
- Part one: Edification. Canterbury, the aesthetics of martyrdom. The ascetics. Mary's great churches, Lincoln and Salisbury
- Part two: Sanctification. Viriditas, Ely and St. Etheldreda. The clefts of the rock, Wells. Becket's crown
- Part three: regulation. Ornamenta. Pastoralia
- Part four: Expression. The tree of life. Sudden glory. Music and the angelic.