Cornforth, John, 1937-, Early Georgian interiors , c2004
Early Georgian interiors / John Cornforth.
- New Haven, CT : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- 360 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK2043.A1 C67 2004 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Publisher description
Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Architecture, Georgian -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain -- Georgian style.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.
- Aspects of early Georgian fashion and taste
- The uses of rooms and changing social practice, 1685-1760
- The primacy of upholstery
- Aspects of display
- William Kent and architectural decoration
- Parade, comfort, and variety, 1740-60
- The rise of historical thinking
- The role of pictures in decoration
- The influence of the Orient on decoration
- Planning and sequences of decoration, 1720-60.