IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Andres, Sophia, 1950-, The pre-Raphaelite art of the Victorian novel , c2005
The pre-Raphaelite art of the Victorian novel : narrative challenges to visual gendered boundaries / Sophia Andres.
- Columbus : Ohio State University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 208 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR878 A7 A53 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 185-199) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.English fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Narration (Rhetoric)Pre-Raphaelitism -- Great Britain.Pre-Raphaelitism in literature.Visual perception in literature.Women in art.Women in literature.
- The pre-Raphaelites and the Victorian novel
- Elizabeth Gaskell's resistance to pre-Raphaelite gendered silence
- Wilkie Collins's reconfigurations of pre-Raphaelite gendered shadows
- George Eliot's pre-Raphaelite gendered imperialism
- Beyond gender boundaries : Edward Burne-Jones and Thomas Hardy.