Andres, Sophia, 1950-, The pre-Raphaelite art of the Victorian novel , c2005
- The pre-Raphaelite art of the Victorian novel : narrative challenges to visual gendered boundaries / Sophia Andres.
- Columbus : Ohio State University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 208 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR878 A7 A53 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 185-199) and index.
- The pre-Raphaelites and the Victorian novel -- Elizabeth Gaskell's resistance to pre-Raphaelite gendered silence -- Wilkie Collins's reconfigurations of pre-Raphaelite gendered shadows -- George Eliot's pre-Raphaelite gendered imperialism -- Beyond gender boundaries : Edward Burne-Jones and Thomas Hardy.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.English fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Narration (Rhetoric)Pre-Raphaelitism -- Great Britain.Pre-Raphaelitism in literature.Visual perception in literature.Women in art.Women in literature.