Forrest, Ebenezer, active 1774, Hogarth's peregrination;, 1952
Hogarth's peregrination; edited with an introd. by Charles Mitchell.
- Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1952.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 51,  p. illus. 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 H67 F6 1952 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- First published in 1782 under title: An account of what seemed most remarkable in the five days' peregrination of the five following persons, viz. Messieurs Tothall, Scott, Hogarth, Thornhill, and Forrest. Published in 1871 with title: Hogarth's frolic. Gostling's verse imitation was first published in Nichol's Biographical anecdotes of W. Hogarth, 2d ed. 1782.
From the manuscript in the Dept. of Prints and Drawings, British Museum. - cf. p.  at end.
Text by Ebenezer Forrest.
Includes a version in Hudibrastic verse by W. Gostling.
"Bibliographical note": p. 
- Subject Terms:
- Greenberg, Richard -- Ownership.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ownership.Mitchell, Charles -- Donor.