A sense of spaces / Sophie Elson ; text by Australian writer David Malouf.
- [London?] : [Sophie Elson], 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : chiefly ill. ; 20 x 74 cm. folded to 20 x 19 cm. attached to boards 21 x 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.E56 S46 1998Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artist's book.
"This book was inspired by Australian writer David Malouf, in particular his most recent book The conversations at Curlew Creek, in which he describes the landscape of the Australian outback and its unexplored and intriguing spaces."--Sophie Elson. Catalogue, 1999.
Six illustrations of which four are monoprints printed on somerset paper. Bound in gold Colorado book cloth.
Accordion folded, attached to cloth boards. Two of the folded sheets are illustrated on both sides.
Edition limited to 50 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 18 of 50. Signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Australia -- In art.Elson, Sophie -- Autograph.Elson, Sophie -- Publisher.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1998.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
Accordion fold format (Binding).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.