Description of a view of the city of Delhi, with an action between Her Majesty's troops and the revolted Sepoys : now exhibiting at the Panorama, Leicester Square / painted by the proprietor, Robert Burford and Henry C. Selous and assistants, from drawings by Captain Robert Smith, R.E.
- Additional Title(s):
Panorama of Delhi. 1858
- London : Printed by W. J. Golbourn, 6, Princes Street, Leicester Square, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- 16 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS486.D3 B87 1858Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Folded leaf of plates contains two scenes depicting military action between English troups and the Sepoys. Beneath each scene is a key identifying the depicted places and participants.
Panoramas are wood engravings, from multiple blocks.
"Price Sixpence" at foot of t.p.
- Subject Terms:
- Burford, R. -- Publisher.Delhi (India) -- Description and travel.Delhi (India) -- Pictorial works.Golbourn, W. J. -- Printer.India -- History -- Sepoy Rebellion, 1857-1858.Panoramas -- India -- Delhi.
- Wood engravings -- 1858.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Burford, Robert, 1791-1861, Description of a view of the city of Delhi, with an action between Her Majesty's troops and the revolted Sepoys , 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.