Description of a view of the city of Moscow, with the gorgeous entry of His Imperial Majesty the Emperor Alexander II into the Kremlin : now exhibiting at the Panorama, Leicester Square / painted by the proprietor, Robert Burford, and Henry C. Selous and assistants, from drawings taken by a Russian artist.
- London : Printed by W.J. Golbourn, 6, Princes Street, Leicester Square, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 20 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK601 .B87 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engraved illustration, from multiple blocks.
Printed by W.J. Golbourn, Princes Street, Leicester Square.
"Price sixpence" at foot of t.p.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander II, Emperor of Russia, 1818-1881 -- Coronation.Coronations -- Russia.Golbourn, W. J. -- Printer.Kremlin (Moscow, Russia) -- Pictorial works.Moscow (Russia) -- Description and travel.Moscow (Russia) -- Pictorial works.Panoramas -- England -- London.
- Wood engravings -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
Burford, Robert, 1791-1861, Description of a view of the city of Moscow, with the gorgeous entry of His Imperial Majesty the Emperor Alexander II into the Kremlin , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.