Vere Foster's advanced water-color drawing : highly finished chromograph plates of animals, flowers, landscape, marine etc. : in fac-simile of original drawings / specially made for this work by Harrison Weir, J. Callow, E. Duncan, F.E. Hulme, W.H. Fitch, J. Needham, W. French, &c. ; with instructions for painting.
- Additional Title(s):
Advanced water-color drawing
- London : Marcus Ward & Co., Chandos Street, Covent Garden. Simpkin, Marshall, & Co., Stationer's Hall Court; Whittaker & Co., Ave Maria Lane, 
- Physical Description:
-  pt. : chiefly ill. ; 14 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .F67 1873View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- Each part comprises multiple chomolithographed plates, with descriptive letterpress text on pages 2-4 of the printed wrappers.
Date of publication from NSTC.
"Price Sixpence."--Cover of each part.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 9, 262
BAC: British Art Center copy incompete; comprises four parts only: animals no. 2; flowers, nos. 1 and 4 (no. 1 lacks one plate); illuminating, no. 1. Bound in publisher's original printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teachingDrawing books -- SpecimensMarcus Ward & Co. -- Publisher.Simpkin, Marshall, & Co. -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- 19th century.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain.Watercolor painting -- Study and teaching.Watercolor painting -- Technique.Watercolor painting, Victorian -- Great Britain.
- Chromolithographs -- 1873.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1873.
- Pt. .