Wagner, Anne Middleton, 1949-, Mother stone , c2005
Mother stone : the vitality of modern British sculpture / Anne Middleton Wagner.
- New Haven ; Yale University Press, c2005.
London : Yale University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 304 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNB468 .W34 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for studies in British Art.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Modernism (Art) -- Great Britain.Mothers in art.Sculpture, British -- 20th century.
- The book in embryo
- The matter of sculpture
- "Offensive obtrusiveness"
- Matter and man
- Modern art and its philosophy
- Moore's mother
- The human thing
- Drawing a Blank
- Mother, other, nursling, nothing
- Base and frame
- The things we care for
- Ends and means
- Woman's work
- Part and hole
- Abstraction and the
- Body politic
- Stones are full of entrails, bravo, bravo
- Inside out
- Stupid emotion
- Genesis: Its Genesis
- Descent and Dissent
- Out of Africa
- Back to Africa
- Lost objects