The A B C guide to London , [1887?]
- The A B C guide to London : Chas. Baker & Co.'s large pocket map of London, in 15 sections : with alphabetical list of places of interest in and near London &c.
- Alternate Title(s):
- ABC guide to London
- [London] : Published by Charles Baker & Co., 271 & 272, High Holborn; 82, Fleet Street; and 137 & 138, Tottenham Court Road, [1887?]
- Physical Description:
- 58 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill., maps ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA679 .A23 1887 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA679 .A23 1887 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes a folded map of the "Environs of London." Maps engraved by John Bartholomew, Edinburgh.
Printed by Charles Dickens and Evans, 24, Great New Street, London.
Publisher's advertisement on the inside of the back cover is dated March 1st, 1887.
"Price one penny."--Foot of front cover
Commercial advertisements: p. 39-58 and on rear wrapper.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, housed together. Both copies in original printed wrappers. Copy 2 lacks the large folded map.
BEIN Covers 32 L84 1887: Imperfect: 20 pages of advertisements at end cut-out. Original wrappers. Stamp on verso of fold-out map, "'Wit and Wisdom' is the brightest and wisest of weekly journals."
- Subject Terms:
- Charles Baker & Co. -- Publisher.Charles Dickens and Evans -- Printer.London (England) -- Directories.London (England) -- Guidebooks.London (England) -- Maps.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored
Wood engravings -- 1887.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.