Nursery rhymes : with the tunes to which they are still sung in the nurseries of England : obtained principally from oral tradition / collected and edited by Edward F. Rimbault, LL.D. F.S.A., &c. &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Nursery rhymes with the old tunes
- London : Cramer, Beale, & Co., 201, Regent Street, and 67, Conduit Street, 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 80 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., music ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1990 .R56 1849Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: Nursery rhymes: with the old tunes.
Illustrations drawn and lithographed by J. Brandard. Printed by H. & N. Hanhart.
Printed by W. Clowes and Sons, Stamford-street, London.
Imprint date from Osborne Coll.
Text within engraved border.
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, p. 687-688
Mclean, Ruari. Victorian publishers' book-bindings in paper. London : G. Fraser, 1983, p. 43
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original chromolithographed paper boards. Signed: Printed in colors by H. & N. Hanhart.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's songs -- Great Britain.Cramer, Beale, & Co. -- Publisher.H. & N. Hanhart -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- Nursery rhymes, English.W. Clowes and Sons -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 
YCBA Collections Search
Rimbault, Edward F. (Edward Francis), 1816-1876, Nursery rhymes , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.