The authors of England. A series of medallion portraits of modern literary characters, engraved from the works of British artists, by Achille Collas. With illustrative notices by Henry F. Chorley.
- London, C. Tilt, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.., vi, , 93, 12 p. 15 plates. 32 x 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR447 C4+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC : Plates printed by McQueen, or J. Yates; text printed by E., B., and G. Clarke.
Added t.-p., engraved.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- Portraits.Authors, English.
- Felicia Hemans.--Sir Walter Scott.--Lord Byron.--Dr. Southey.--Countess of Blessington.--Samuel Taylor Coleridge.--Edward Lytton Bulwer.--Lady Morgan.--Percy Bysshe Shelley.--Thomas Moore.--Charles Lamb.--Mary Russell Mitford.--Thomas Campbell.--William Wordsworth.--Memorial of facts connected with the history of medallic engraving, and the process of M. Collas [by Vincent Nolte]