Practical lessons in watercolour painting / by N.E. Green ; in six parts, (each part containing a subject in four states).
- London : Published by George Rowney & Comp., 
- Physical Description:
- 6 pt. : chiefly ill. ; 25 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2110 .G74 1865+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from NSTC.
Each part comprises one leaf of "directions for copying" with wood-engraved illustrations of the brush and its size required for each step; on the verso of this page is a "table of tints" with mounted color squares. For each part, the leaf of text is followed by four chromolithograph plates in progressive states of finishing.
"Price 6s. each part."--Front wrapper.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in one volume. Complete in six parts; the front wrapper of each part is bound in, with publisher's advertisements on the verso of each wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing books -- Specimens.George Rowney and Co. -- Publisher.Painting -- Study and teaching.Watercolor painting -- Study and teaching.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Chromolithographs -- 1865.
Wood engravings -- 1865.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1865.
- Pt. 1. Mongeham, near Deal
- Pt. 2. Cottages, near Bantry, Co. Cork
- Pt. 3. Water-mill, Mapledurham
- Pt. 4. Wind-mill at Southend
- Pt. 5. Lake scene, near Llanberis
- Pt. 6. Thirlemere, near Cumberland