The grammar of ornament by Owen Jones. Illustrated by examples from various styles of ornament. One hundred folio plates, drawn on stone by F. Bedford, and printed in colours by Day and Son.
- London, Day and Son, 1856.
- Physical Description:
-  p. ill., 100 col. plates. 58 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 31 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 31 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 151-153
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies in variant publisher's bindings. Copy 1 bound in maroon half morocco over green cloth boards with a maroon onlay on the front cover; copy 2 bound in black half morocco over maroon cloth boards with a black onlay on the front cover. Copy 1 has the autograph of Payne.
BAC : Plates drawn on stone by Francis Bedford, assisted by H. Fielding, W.R. Tymms, A. Warren, and S. Sedgfield.
BAC : Most plates and illustrations designed by the author with the assistance of Albert Warren, Charles Aubert, and Mr. Stubbs. One plate designed by Talbot Bury, another by C. Dresser. A few illustrations after Le Pautre and Fay.
BAC : Each chapter paged separately.
BEIN 1976 Folio 75: Unbound in 3 portfolios.
Added t.-p., in colors.
With contributions by J.B. Waring, J.O. Westwood, and M.D. Wyatt.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- History.Decoration and ornament.Fellowes, Richard Simpson, 1814-1884 -- Presentation inscription to Yale Library (BEIN 1976 Folio 75)Rigby, Samuel -- Bookplate (BEIN 1977 Folio 145)
- IIIF Manifest: