Peters Corbett, David, 1956-, The world in paint , c2004
The world in paint : modern art and visuality in England, 1848-1914 / David Peters Corbett.
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 318 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryND467 .P45 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 299-310) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting, English -- 19th century.Painting, English -- 20th century.
- "Not material enough for the age": pre-Raphaelite words and images
- Aestheticism and unmediation: Moore, Leighton, Watts, Whistler
- Personality, portraiture, and illustration: Charles Ricketts and Oscar Wilde
- Walter Sickert: surface and modernity
- The aesthetics of materiality: English modernism before 1914.