Young, Marianne, 1811-1897, Aldershot, and all about it , 1857
- Aldershot, and all about it : with gossip, literary, military, and pictorial / by Mrs. Young ; author of "Our camp in Turkey," etc. etc. ; with illustrations from original sketches by the author.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Aldershot & all about it.
- London : G. Routledge & Co., Farringdon Street ; 1857.
New York : 18, Beekman Street, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 220 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.A43 Y68 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: Aldershot & all about it.
Illustrations by Edmund Evans.
Printed by Cox & Wyman, Great Queen St.
Bound by Bone & Son, 76 Fleet St., London.
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 116
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped red cloth by Bone & Son, 76 Fleet St., London. Stamped in gilt on spine: "JL" (John Leighton). Includes an added engraving of the Infantry barracks. Pasted to recto of final free end-paper is a newspaper column from "The Times" of June 22, 1889 concerning a visit by the Queen to Aldershot. Owner's ink-stamp: J.R. Molyneux.
- Subject Terms:
- Aldershot (England) -- Description and travel.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Cox & Wyman -- Printer.G. Routledge -- Publisher.Leighton, John -- Bookbinding designer.Molyneux, J. R. -- Stamp.
- Wood engravings -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.