Tea : its mystery and history / by Samuel Phillips Day, author of "Food papers: a popular treatise on dietetics," etc. ; with a preface in Chinese and English, by Lo Fong Loh, C.I.C.S., secretary to the Chinese Educational Mission in Europe ; illustrated.
- London : Simpkin, Marshall & Co., Stationers' Hall Court, 1878.
- Physical Description:
- 92 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2905 .D39 1878Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Numerous full page illustrations by J.F. Weedon; one signed: C.J. (Charles James) Bromley sc. Wood engraved head- and tail-pieces and initials.
Chinese preface printed on a leaf of pink paper, bound between frontispiece and half t.p.
The frontispiece is a mounted photograph.
"Price one shilling" at foot of t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in black- and gold-stamped green publisher's cloth. Label mounted on inside of upper board: Catrine. Andrew Cowan's Library. No. 36
- Subject Terms:
- Andrew Cowan's Library -- Bookplate.Drinking customs -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Simpkin, Marshall & co. -- Publisher.Tea.
- Wood engravings -- 1878.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.