The art of flower painting, in easy lessons : with directions for preparing the tints, and examples of each subject in various stages, drawn and coloured from nature / by James Andrews.
- London : Tilt and Bogue, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  p., 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1400 .A53 1842+Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: Andrews art of flower painting.
Zincographic plates drawn by James Andrews. Printed by J. Grieve.
Date of publication from Eng. cat. of books.
24 plates in two states (colored and uncolored) with color tints shown under each example.
Eng. cat. of books, v. 1, p. 18
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gold- and blind- stamped green cloth. Gilt title lettering enclosed by a floral wreath on the front cover. Inscribed: For Eleanor Angela Isabella Butler & Caroline S. Butler from their grandmother E. P. Lewis March 1847.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Technique.Butler, Caroline S. -- Pres. insc. from E. P. Lewis, March 1847.Butler, Eleanor Angela Isabella -- Pres. insc. from E. P. Lewis, March 1847.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Flowers -- Pictorial works.Flowers in art.Grieve, J. -- Printer.Illustrated books.Lewis, E. P. -- Pres. insc. to Eleanor Angela Gabriella Butler & Caroline S. Butler, March 1847.Tilt and Bogue -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Lithographs -- .
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 
YCBA Collections Search
Andrews, James, 1806-1876, The art of flower painting, in easy lessons , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.