Ali-Baba and the 40 thieves , 
- Ali-Baba and the 40 thieves : with five set scenes & nine trick changes.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Ali-Baba and the forty thieves
Ali Baba (Folk tale)
- London : Dean & Son, 160a Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 8,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPJ7716.A5 D43 1881+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Constance ClementAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
The illustrations are grouped in the center of the book and by virtue of their different lengths form simple transformations of the scene.
Date of publication from British Library.
"Eight various, one shilling each"--Cover.
BM (compact ed.), v. 6, p. 1157
Trade and publisher's advertisments on final two pages and recto and verso of back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ali Baba (Folk tale)Children's stories.Dean & Son -- Publisher.Fairy tales.Folklore, Arab.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Toy and movable books.
Chromolithographs -- 1881.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.