- [London?] : Kate Farley, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet () p. : ill. ; 9 cm. x 42 cm. folded to 9 cm. x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F365 B56 2003Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Drawings from train journeys between London, my present home and Norwich, my family home, were the starting point for this book. Following a bicycle accident resulting in an operation to wire my broken left elbow and a stay in hospital, Bloom has been the outcome of both a physical and emotional journey. The exterior of the folded structure consists of a sequence of black and white lithographic images of the train journey; there and back, also considering the complex act and definition of “leaving home”. Four individual sections extend to reveal the inside of the book. Freesias are screenprinted in two pinks depicting the delicate balance of life and the emotional and physical effects of a single moment. The night after the surgery I drew the flowers that were given to me while in hospital. Printed with one broken elbow, this has been the measure of my healing."--Artist's description, from Centre for Fine Print Research website.
Limited edition of 20 signed copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 13 of 20, signed by the artist. Pink wrapper tied around book.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Cycling accidents -- Great Britain.Farley, Kate -- Autograph.Farley, Kate -- Publisher.Freesias -- Pictorial works.Home -- Great Britain.Lithography -- Specimens -- 2003.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.