- [London] : Kate Farley, [2001?]
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F365 C63 2001 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Coastline is a book celebrating the coast of the British Isles. The main text is the statistic of how many centimetres per person there is of the coastline for England, Wales and Scotland. The screenprinted book has a line drawn map of my favourite bit of coast running across the pages from start to finish. Images are of things found at the beach including seaweed and chip forks and there are some names from the shipping forecast.The book is sewn as a single section pamphlet, in the shape of a tide-timetable booklet."--Artist's description of the work, from Centre for Fine Print Research website.
Limited edition of 30 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 29 of a limited edtion of 30 copies. Signed by artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Coasts -- Great Britain.Farley, Kate -- Autograph.Farley, Kate -- Publisher.Seashore -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.