Moriarty, Henrietta Maria, Fifty plates of green-house plants, drawn and coloured from nature , 1807
- Fifty plates of green-house plants, drawn and coloured from nature : with concise descriptions, and rules for their culture. Intended also for the improvement of young ladies in the art of drawing / by Henrietta Maria Moriarty.
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for the author, by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, and sold by J. White, Fleet Street, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- xii p., 50 leaves,  p., 50 leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB415 .M67 1807Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- First ed. published as: Viridarium : coloured plates of greenhouse plants ... -- London : Dewick & Clarke, 1806.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, C413
Shteir, Ann B. Cultivating women, cultivating science, p. 74
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T. -- Printer.Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.Botany -- Pictorial works.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Flowers -- Pictorial works.Flowers in art.Greenhouse plants -- Pictorial works.White, J. -- Bookseller.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1807.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.