Gribble, Samuel, A treatise on deportment, fencing, etc. , 
- A treatise on deportment, fencing, etc. : including the science of horsemanship; being a complete manual of instruction for the use of young persons, in the acquirement of those accomplishments; as well as a self-monitor in the exercise and duties of a cavalry soldier, for the use of gentlemen who are members of yeomanry corps : comprising likewise, instructions for the lance and carbine exercises. Also, the description of a military game resembling the game of chess, calculated to initiate young gentlemen who are designed for the army, in the science of tactics or military manœuvres. With copperplate engravings, illustrative of the various subjects described in the work / by Samuel Gribble, Regimental Serjeant-Major of the Corps of Sherwood Rangers.
- Derby : Printed for the author by William Bemrose and Co., Market-Place; and may be had of the booksellers in Derby, Nottingham, Leicedter, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Retford, Newark, and of the principal booksellers in the kingdom: also sold by G. B. Whittaker and Co., London, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 14-147,  p.,  folded leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUE445.G7 G75 1829Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece signed: Saml. Chinn. delt. Edwards & Royle sc. Birmm.
Preface dated August, 1829.
"Price seven shillings."--Foot of title page.
Subscribers' list, p. [149-150].
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter green cloth and marbled boards. Printed title label on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Drill and minor tactics.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1829.Fencing -- Great Britain -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Fencing -- Study and teaching.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Gribble, S. -- Publisher.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Horsemanship -- Great Britain.Horsemanship -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Horsemanship -- Study and teaching.Horses -- Training.William Bemrose and Co. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.