Male character costumes : a guide to gentlemen's costume suitable for fancy dress balls and private theatricals : 150 illustrations.
- London : Samuel Miller, 10, Southampton Street, Strand, W. C., [not before 1884]
- Physical Description:
- , 96,  p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2067 .M35 1884+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Chromolithography by Unwin Brothers.
Date of publication from testimonials within the advertising, none of which is later than 1884.
Advertisements p. 1-4 headed: Fancy dress balls.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blind-stamped purple cloth. Chromolithographed front paper wrapper and gild-bordered back wrapper bound in. Title in gilt on front cover. Stamp in purple ink on recto of first free end-paper: W.F. Greenwood. Dealer in works of art. 34, Stonegate, York.
- Subject Terms:
- Amateur theater -- England -- London.Balls (Parties) -- England.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Commercial catalogs -- Great Britain.Costume -- Pictorial works.Fashion -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Greenwood, W. F. -- Stamp.Men's clothing -- Great Britain.Miller, Samuel -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- 1884.
Wood engravings -- 1884.
Costume books -- England -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.