Mr. & Mrs. S.C. Hall greet their friends on the 20th September 1874 : the anniversary of their 50th wedding day : their golden wedding.
- London : Marcus Ward & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 13 x 18 cm + () sheet ; 17 x 11 cm)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT5286.G7 M77 1874Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- S.C. Hall was the founder and editor of the Art journal. His wife, Anna Maria (née Fielding) was also a noteworthy intellectual and writer.
The card includes a pair of oval-shaped albumen prints of Mr. and Mrs. Hall, by Robinson & Cherallt, Tunbridge Wells.
Accompanied by a matching card of verse: "After fifty years! September 20, 1874." Signed in pen and black ink: S.C. Hall.
At head of card: Avenue Villa, 50, Holland St., Kensington.
With the autographs, in pen and black, of Mr. and Mrs. Hall.
BAC: British Art Center copy inscribed: Mr. & Mrs. Arthur Lewis, with their regards, Mr. & Mrs. S.C. Hall.
Maas, J. Victorian art world in photographs, p. 172
- Subject Terms:
- Hall, S. C. (Samuel Carter), 1800-1889.Hall, S. C., Mrs., 1800-1881.Lewis, Arthur, Mr. & Mrs. -- Pres. insc. from Mrs. & Mrs. S.C. Hall.Marcus Ward & Co. -- Publisher.Photography -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1900.Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- Great Britain.Wedding anniversaries -- Great Britain.
Albumen prints -- 1874.
Chromolithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1874.
YCBA Collections Search
Mr. & Mrs. S.C. Hall greet their friends on the 20th September 1874 , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.