IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomson, James, 1700-1748, The Castle of Indolence , MDCCCXLV 
The Castle of Indolence : an allegorical poem written in imitation of Spenser / by James Thomson.
- Additional Title(s):
Illustrations of Thomson's Castle of indolence
- London : M.M. Holloway, 25, Bedford Street, Covent Garden. Simpkin, Marshall, and Co., Stationers'-Hall Court, MDCCCXLV 
- Physical Description:
- 27 p., XXII leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 x 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 48Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Creighton Gilbert, Yale MA (HON.) 1981View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Added engraved title page: Illustrations of Thomson's Castle of indolence, by William Rimer. Art Union of London. 1845.
Engravings by H.W. Collard, Ferdinand Joubert, Edward Webb, and Edward Richard Whitfield.
Printed by Harrison & Co., St. Martins Lane.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark blue publisher's cloth. Title tooled in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Art Union of London -- Printer.Etching -- Specimens -- 1845.Harrison and Co. -- Printer.M. M. Holloway -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.