The Tudor house and garden : architecture and landscape in the sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries / Paula Henderson.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 288 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA965 .H46 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- BEIN Ref. NA965 H46 2005 (LC) Oversize: Dust jacket.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-277) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Architecture, Tudor.Landscape design -- England -- History -- 16th century.Landscape design -- England -- History -- 17th century.
- The setting
- "A great magnificence in the front" : the orchestrated approach
- The greater perfection
- Natural considerations
- The architecture of the 'earthly paradise'
- Ornament and meaning in the garden
- The house and the landscape.