Denney, Colleen, 1959-, Representing Diana, Princess of Wales , c2005
Representing Diana, Princess of Wales : cultural memory and fairy tales revisited / Colleen Denney.
- Madison [N.J.] : Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- 188 p.,  p. of plates : ill., ports. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA591.A45 D45 2005 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 175-182) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Diana, Princess of Wales, 1961-1997 -- Art.Diana, Princess of Wales, 1961-1997 -- Pictorial works.Diana, Princess of Wales, 1961-1997.Fairy tales -- Appreciation -- Great Britain.Portrait painting, British.Princesses -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Introduction : cultural memory, the Princess, and fairy tales revisited
- Courted darlings and virgin brides
- Mothers of future kings : the Madonna redux phenomenon
- Angels of mercy and the cultural memory of "the lady bountiful"
- Dress, royal portraiture, and the royal body
- Dress as autobiography in the Christie's auction catalog, dresses from the collection of Diana, Princess of Wales
- The Princess, globally and locally.