The splendor of ruins in French landscape painting, 1630-1800 / catalogue by Stephen D. Borys ; with the assistance of students in the Art History Department at Oberlin College ; essays by T. Barton Thurber, Alan P. Wintermute, Stephen D. Borys.
- Oberlin, OH : Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 190 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1412.F73 B67 2005 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Catalog of an exhibition at the Allen Memorial Art Museum, Mar. 19-June 19, 2005 and at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, July 17-Oct. 16, 2005."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 171-183) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture in art -- Exhibitions.Landscape painting, French -- 17th century -- Exhibitions.Landscape painting, French -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Ruins in art -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Borys, Stephen D. (Stephen Donald), The splendor of ruins in French landscape painting, 1630-1800 , 2005