The art of painting in oil : wherein is included each particular circumstance relating to that art and mystery ... : the whole treatise being so complete and so exactly fitted to the meanest capacity ... : in which are also particularly laid down all the several circumstances required in painting of sun-dials, printed pictures, sash-windows, &c. in oil colours / by John Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
Whole art and mystery of colouring maps, and other prints, with water colours.
- 9th edition, revised and corrected, to which is added, The whole art and mystery of colouring maps, and other prints, with water colours.
- London : Printed for J. Bew, 1788.
- Physical Description:
- 112 p.,  leaf : front. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT305.A2 S6 1788Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece by Foot.
- Subject Terms:
- Bew, J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1788.Painting -- Technique.Painting, Industrial.Smith, S. -- Autograph.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.