Carey, William, 1759-1839, Critical description and analytical review of "Death on the pale horse," painted by Benjamin West, P.R.A. , 1817
- Critical description and analytical review of "Death on the pale horse," painted by Benjamin West, P.R.A. : with desultory references to the works of some ancient masters and living British artists : respectfully addressed to the most noble the Marquis of Stafford / by William Carey.
- London : Published at 35, Mary-la-Bonne Street, Piccadilly, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 172, 4 p. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND237.W45 A6 D43 1817Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "London: Printed by John Turner, Alpha-Road, Baker-Street North, Mary-le-bone."--T.p. verso.
Dillenberger, John. Benjamin West. San Antonio : Trinity University Press, 1977, p. 92
Publisher's advertisements, 4 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy is a large paper copy. Bound in polished calf, gilt decorated spine and double gilt fillet borders; with marbled edges and marbled endpapers. Binder's stamp: Bound by F. Bedford. Bookplate: Henry Collins. Ex-libris: Payson G. Gates.
- Subject Terms:
- Art criticism.Bedford, F. -- Binder.Collins, Henry -- Bookplate.Gates, Payson G. -- Bookplate.Turner, John -- Printer.West, Benjamin, 1738-1820. Death upon the pale horse.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.