Wells, John, 1757 or 1758-1843, An epitome of perspective , 1817]
An epitome of perspective / by John Wells, drawing master to the school of Christ's Hopsital.
- [London : R. Ackermann, 1817]
- Physical Description:
- , 10 leaves : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 W45 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title page vignette signed: Drawn by J. Wells. Engraved by J. Simpkins.
Imprint information from BM.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 26, 189
BAC: British Art Center copy has full page ex-libris bound in with preliminaries: Ex-libris Arnaud de Vitry, cet ouvrage fait partie d'une collection de traités sur les méthodes graphiques de construction de l'espace ... Bound in half calf and marbled boards, with publisher's printed title label on upper board.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- Perspective.Vitry, Arnaud de -- Provenance.
- Drawing books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.