Drawing and perspective : in a series of progressive lessons, with general instructions ...
- London ; William and Robert Chambers, 1870.
Edinburgh : William and Robert Chambers, 1870.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : chiefly ill. ; 24 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNAYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Series edited by W. & R. Chambers.
Published in parts.
With unsigned lithographic illustrations.
Description based on part no. 16.
BAC: British Art Center copy has no. 16 (Landscapes, with figures, &c.) only. In original blue wrappers, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing books -- Specimens.Figure drawing -- Study and teaching.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1870.W. and R. Chambers -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
- 1. Elementary lessons
- 2. Design
- 3. Flowers
- 4. Heads in outline
- 5. Heads shaded
- 6. Hands and feet
- 7. Limbs and parts of figures
- 8. Full figures
- 9. Animals
- 10. Animals in groups
- 11. Perspective, principles of
- 12. Simple lessons in perspective, buildings
- 13. Buildings, &c., with vegetation
- 14. Various kinds of trees
- 15. Landscape scenery
- 16. Landscapes, with figures, &c.
- 17. Shipping-marine views
- 18. Landscapes, tinted.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.