IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Piper, John, 1903-1992, Brighton aquatints , 1939
Brighton aquatints : twelve original aquatints of modern Brighton with short descriptions / by the artist ; and an introduction by Lord Alfred Douglas.
- Additional Title(s):
John Piper's Brighton aquatints
- [London] : Duckworth, 3 Henrietta Street, London, W.C. 2, 1939.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 x 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 63Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, Yale BA 1934, MA 1942View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title: John Piper's Brighton aquatints.
Author's name at head of title.
"Printed in England at the Curwen Press. Aquatints hand-printed by A. Alexander & Sons, Ltd."--Title page verso.
Plates accompanied by leaves with descriptive letterpress. Text printed on blue paper.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's quarter brown cloth and patterned boards, with printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- A. A. Alexander & Sons -- Printer.Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Brighton -- Pictorial works.Brighton (England) -- Description and travel.Brighton (England) -- Pictorial works.Curwen Press -- Printer.Duckworth & Co. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1939
- The First Avenue Hotel, Hove
- The Royal Pavillion
- Regency Square from the West Pier
- Brighton from the Station Yard
- Brunswick Terrace
- Bedford Square
- Mixed styles: Regency, Victorian, modern
- Kemp Town
- Regency Square
- The Chapel of St. George's, Kemp Town
- St. Bartholomew's Church
- The Metropole Hotel from the West Pier
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.