Payne, William, active 1776-1809, Book of landscapes after Payne, 
Book of landscapes after Payne.
- Additional Title(s):
4th book of landscapes after Payne
Fourth book of landscapes after Payne
- [London] : Pubd. at R. Ackermann's, 401 Strand, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 27 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 59Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Description based on the copy at the Yale Center for British Art, in which the engraved title is preceded by the word "4th" written in pen and ink.
Engravings by J. Bluck; after William Payne.
Cover title, from publisher's engraved label. At head of title label: "The greatest variety of transparencies & medallions."
The first four plates are dated 1 Nov. 1799; the final are dated 1 Jan. 1800.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue paper wrappers, with engraved title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann's Repository of the arts -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing -- Early works to 1800.
- Drawing books.
Aquatints -- 1800.
- View near Eaton, Bedfordshire
- View near Penzance, Cornwall
- View near Haversham
- View near Westmoreland
- View near Maidstone, Kent
- VIew near Lyme Dorsetshire
- Stone quarry near Penzance Cornwall.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.