Cornelius Varley , 2005
Cornelius Varley : the art of observation.
- London : Lowell Libson, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 191 p. : ill. (mostly col.), facsims. ; 22 x 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.V387 C6 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Published by Lowell Libson for the exhibition Cornelius Varley: the art of observation held at 3 Clifford Street, London WI, 8 June to 8 July 2005"--t.p. verso.
Price list tipped in.
- Subject Terms:
- Inventors -- Great Britain -- Biography.Varley, Cornelius, 1781-1873.
- The art of Cornelius Varley
- 'Feeling through the eye' revisited: the camera obscura and the photographic look
- Varley the optician
- 'A material pleasant to work on': Cornelius Varley's use of paper
- Catalogue [of exhibited works]
- Appendix 1: Pictures exhibited by Cornelius Varley in his lifetime
- Appendix 2: Christie's sale 1875
- Appendix 3: Patent granted to Varley for his graphic telescope