Cornelius Varley , 2005
- Cornelius Varley : the art of observation.
- London : Lowell Libson, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 191 p. : ill. (mostly col.), facsims. ; 22 x 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.V387 C6 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Published by Lowell Libson for the exhibition Cornelius Varley: the art of observation held at 3 Clifford Street, London WI, 8 June to 8 July 2005"--t.p. verso.
Price list tipped in.
- The art of Cornelius Varley -- 'Feeling through the eye' revisited: the camera obscura and the photographic look -- Varley the optician -- 'A material pleasant to work on': Cornelius Varley's use of paper -- Catalogue [of exhibited works] -- Appendix 1: Pictures exhibited by Cornelius Varley in his lifetime -- Appendix 2: Christie's sale 1875 -- Appendix 3: Patent granted to Varley for his graphic telescope
- Subject Terms:
- Inventors -- Great Britain -- Biography.Varley, Cornelius, 1781-1873.