Vere Foster's drawing copy book.
- London : Simkin, Marshall, & Co., Stationers' Hall Court, Whittaker & Co., Ave Maria Lane, Marcus Ward & Co., 67, Chandos St., Covent Garden, 
- Physical Description:
- pt. : chiefly ill. ; 18 x 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .F678 1870Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Cover title.
Consists primarily of wood-engraved diagrams and illustrations.
At head of title: Adopted by the Commissioners of National Education in Ireland.
Date of publication from British Library.
BM (compact ed.), v. 9, 262
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed wrappers, as issued. British Art Center incomplete, comprising only: R4 Practical Geometry; T2-4 Mechanical Drawing, with a wood-engraved portrait of Queen Victoria, aged eight, on front wrapper; and T2 Mechanical Drawing, only. Variations in cover designs; with publisher's advertisement on back covers.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Marcus Ward & Co. -- PublisherSimpkin, Marshall, & Co. -- PublisherWhittaker & Co. -- Publisher
- Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1870.
Wood engravings -- 1870.
Publisher's advertisements -- England -- London -- 1870.
- pt. A. Alphabets and figures
- pt. B. Straight line objects
- pt. C. Curved line objects
- pt. D. Leaves & simple flowers
- pt. E. Wild flowers
- pt. F. Wild flowers, Colored
- pt. G. Garden flowers, &c.
- pt. H. Garden flowers, &c., Colored
- pt. I. Ornament
- pt. J. Trees
- pt. K. Landscapes & figures
- pt. L. Landscapes & figures, Colored
- pt. M. Boats and ships
- pt. N. Boats and ships, Colored
- pt. O. Animals
- pt. P. Animals, Colored
- pt. Q. The human figure
- pt. R. Practical geometry
- pt. S. Perspective
- pt. T. Mechanical drawing
- pt. U. Architectural drawing
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.