Foster, Vere, 1819-1900, Vere Foster's drawing copy book, [1870-1894]
Vere Foster's drawing copy book.
- Additional Title(s):
Drawing copy book
- Popular edition.
- London : Marcus Ward & Co., 67 & 68, Chandos Street, Covent Garden, Whittaker & Co., Ave Maria Lane, Simpkin, Marshall, & Co., Stationers' Hall Court, [1870-1894]
- Physical Description:
- pt. : chiefly ill. ; 18 x 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .F6784 1870View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Articles & Chapters
- Cover title.
Consists primarily of wood-engraved diagrams and illustrations.
"Price one penny"--Upper wrapper.
"Adopted by the Commissioners of national education in Ireland"--Upper wrapper.
"Approved by the Department of Science and Art"--Upper wrapper
"A superior edition, on thick toned drawing paper, with additional copies:--Price Threepence"--Upper wrapper.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Publisher's advertisements on verso of lower wrapper.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed wrappers, as issued. British Art Center has pt. T7 only.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Marcus Ward & Co. -- Publisher.Simpkin, Marshall, & Co. -- Publisher.Whittaker & Co. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1870.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1870-1894.
Publisher's advertisements -- England -- London -- 1870-1894.
- pt. A. (1, 2) Elementary
- pt. B. (1-3) Familiar objects-Simple
- pt. C. (1-3) Familiar objects-Advanced
- pt. D. (1-3) Leaves & Simple flowers
- pt. E. (1-2) Wild flowers
- pt. G. (1-2) Garden flowers
- pt. I. (1-3) Ornament
- pt. J. (1-3) Trees
- pt. K. (1-3) Landscape & figures
- pt. M. (1-3) Marine subjects
- pt. O. (1-9) Animals
- pt. Q. (1-3) The human figure
- pt. R. (1-2, 3-4, 5-6) Practical Geometry
- pt. S. (1-3) Perspective
- pt. T. (1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10) Mechanical
- pt. U. (1-3) Architecture & building
- pt. V. (1-3) Illuminating, outline.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.