Laurie's standard copy books.
- Additional Title(s):
Standard copy books
- London : J. Marshall & Frank Laurie, 2, Whitefriars St., E. G., 
- Physical Description:
-  pt. : chiefly ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ43.A5 L38 1877View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- Cover title.
Date of publication from the British Library.
Description based on the copy at the Yale Center for British Art, which comprises part no. 20 only.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 14, 528
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed paper wrappers. Leaf and vine design on upper wrapper. Publisher's advertisement on lower wrapper. No. 20 only. "Outline maps" on upper left wrapper. "Second Series" on upper right wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.J. Marshall & Frank Laurie -- Publisher.Penmanship -- Study and teaching.
- Writing books.
Copy books (Penmanship)
Drawing books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Lithographs -- 1877.
Wood engravings -- 1877.
- No. 1. Elementary strokes and small letters
- No. 2. Small letters (continued)
- No. 3. Small letters combined in easy words, and figures
- No. 4. Long letters and their combinations
- No. 5. Capitals and Christian names, etc.
- No. 6. Proper names
- No. 7. Miscellaneous sentences, hints on writing, &c.
- No. 8. Fractions, weights, and measures
- No. 9. Geographical - The British empire
- No. 10. Geographical-The countries, capitals, rivers &c. of the world
- No. 11. Leading historical events, &c., with dates
- No. 12. Leading historical events, &c. (continued)
- Supplementary series: No. 13. Miscellaneous letters
- No. 14. Business letters and bills
- No. 15. Letters complimentary, and poetry
- No. 16. For transcribing voluntary exercises (prose and verse)
- No. 17. For original letters, stories from memory, &c.
- No. 18-19
- Sketch-book for outline maps
- No. 20. Outline maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.